Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello World!

Welcome family and friends to the Payton family blog!  I have had blogs on and off again for years, even dating back to the ever-prestigious livejournal my freshman year in college. Hopefully this blog will be longer lived than its predecessors (which pretty much means more than 4 or 5 months), but it will last at least until I go back to work next fall...which, now that I think about it is about 5 months from now...

Today I thought I would just throw out some of the observations that I have had over the last week having a daughter. Speaking of...


  • So, James and I have a daughter!?!  I haven't really been using that word much yet. I have been having so much fun just using her name; I hadn't even thought about the term "daughter".  Then yesterday James was showing Kynzie off to everyone at RockSports and he introduced her to a coworker as his daughter.  Woah.  His daughter! My daughter! That was definitely a weird, but truly amazing feeling.
  • No matter how tired I think I am, I would rather be up with a crying Kynzie than be anywhere else without her.  It's nuts how I can want to cry out of frustration one second (mostly from 11pm to 2am when KK wants to be up and screaming) and then a second later I want to cry because she is so beautiful and I love her so much!
  • After driving on I-35 with Kynzie for the first time yesterday, I have decided that I am not taking her out of the house again unless everyone else agrees to stay home while we are out. I can't handle taking her out in a car (aka death trap) when there are other people around. Other people are stupid. Honestly, I don't think it's an unreasonable request. Right?
  • Several people mentioned how much I would enjoy staying home with KK because I would be able to catch up on reading, have some hobbies that I haven't had time for, etc. Ummm, I don't know what YOUR first week was like with an infant, but mine has had about 10 minutes of free time so far. She pretty much requires both of my hands at all times. Maybe other mothers hire someone to hold books for them? Or make lunch for them? Or go to the bathroom for them? I don't know. Supposedly it gets easier as she gets older, but for the last week I sure haven't read one single thing and in fact it's taken about 10 attempts over the past two days just to write this post!
I'm not complaining about the no time thing.  In fact, it has shocked me how quickly our days go by!  I can't believe she was born over a week ago already! Every day I am amazed at how much bigger she is.  She can raise her head and keep it up (for a little while anyway), she can find her fist and suck on it (she can almost fit the whole thing in...just like her mom!), and she has such a strong grip!  I can't wait to see what she comes up with for tomorrow! Every day is truly a blessing from the Lord, and James and I are doing everything in our power to take full advantage of each one.  Kynzie Kay is our miracle. I hope you will continue to check in with us because there's no telling what He has in store for our KK!!

4 comments:

  1. A test to see if I can post a comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmahgah amy this is such a fab idea, thanku so much! So happy for y'all & so so proud! Love my baby girl & miss her squash face!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you I am just now getting time to read. But the blessing of infants is worth the exhaustion.

    I totally feel you on the driving bit. The drive home from the hospital a horrible storm started up, and all the crazy driver. David and I both kept saying "1) I wish there were room in the back seat for one of us (but with twins not so much) and 2) really it isn't that crazy to drive slow in the right lane on the freeway."

    It does get easier. All the way around. Enjoy this time and take lots of photos they grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had many tears of joy, amazement, and frustration too in those early days. The frustration part gets better, but I still look at Scott in amazement and love every single day at the young boy he is becoming. That part does not go away! See you Friday!
    -Valarie Waldo

    ReplyDelete