Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Great expectations...

Kynzie Kay is officially two weeks old!!  These last two weeks have gone by soo fast! She is already so different from when she was first born.  She is awake during the day so much more, and I am enjoying having that time with her.  She is gaining weight like crazy and I am loving putting her in a different super-adorable outfit every day.  Wanna see today's?



I thought you did :)  She is the cutest pooh bear in the whole world!


On the other hand...

I keep forgetting that it's only been two weeks.  What I mean is, she has only been "outside" for two weeks! 14 days! Things are constantly changing in her world.  Her stomach is really new at digesting food; her mouth is barely becoming used to drinking and swallowing; her eyes can only see 12 inches at most. I keep expecting her to do things the way that I have seen other babies do them.  You know, other babies that I have been around before. I have babysat young babies and I even worked at a daycare for about 6 (truly horrible) months and spent large amounts of time in the infant room. So why are my expectations of her behavior soo off?  BECAUSE SHE IS ONLY TWO WEEKS OLD! She's not 6 months like the baby I babysat.  She is not even 3 months like the youngest baby at the daycare...she's 14 days old. She is just at the beginning of figuring out the world around her. She is scratching the surface of her environment.  So of course things startle her, or course she becomes overstimulated, of course she is confused when awake!

I guess what I am saying is that while she is learning to live outside of the womb, I am learning to throw off everything that I thought this would be and just be thankful that I have had 14 days with the most amazing little girl.

And tomorrow will be even better than today!  I am so lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Emily is 1 week old, and I'm encouraged by your saying Kynzie is awake more during the day. Very ready to get our days and nights figured out.

    Congrats, by the way. You have a super cute little one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kinda ironic that you made this post because I often find myself amazed at the things Hunter discovers each day. Having a child makes you enjoy the simple things again! One of my favorite things is to experience him learning something new.

    ReplyDelete