Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

cloth diapers, anyone?

Today we begin a new experiment: cloth diapers!

We got a couple different kinds from showers and I had been waiting for her to get big enough to use them! I have used soo many pampers swaddlers and feel bad every time i have to just throw it away. I know it seems silly, but it seems so wasteful to just throw away all of those diapers...

So I am officially starting her in cloth diapers. Pray for me.

For today I put her in the littleG diapers from babies r us. They were super easy to put on. There is the outer cloth diaper, then a plastic liner that snaps in, then the "pad" that absorbs everything just fits into the liner.  I am not a huge fan of the velcro on the cloth, though.  I would much rather have snaps.  And I have both microfiber pads that are washable, and biodegradable pads that you flush down the toilet. Somehow it doesn't hurt my conscious so much to flush the pads instead of throwing them away. I dunno...

So over the next week or so I will try every variation and see what works best for us! Hopefully I will be comfortable using these instead of having to constantly throw away diapers, but I am not above returning to the "poop and trash" technique!

Oh, and here are a couple of pictures of her in her littleG's! Shockingly, I decided to start her in the green one!  And she looks too fat for them, but she isn't; it's just to way she is sitting :)


2 comments:

  1. Definitely update us on how it goes. We got some cloth diapers too but my mom keeps buying us regular diapers so I don't want to waste her money, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus, omg how cute is KK? LOL, she's soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete