Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pretty in Pink

So this blog has been used for several different things.  I've written to share joys, confusions, and fears. I've asked for thoughts and opinions from experienced and inexperienced parents alike. I've documented my daughters first months here.  Today, however, this space will serve another purpose.

Today is favorite-outfit-that-she-is-about-to-grow-out-of day!

On the whole, I am not very schedule-oriented. (clearly I am in love with the hyphen today)  But lately KK and I have fallen into a morning routine, of sorts.  I get up before her and make myself some breakfast: either Kashi mixed berry cereal or an egg and cheese bagel.  Then she gets up and we eat.  Shortly thereafter Kynzie plays on her activity gym and I do the breakfast dishes and put on daytime clothes.  Then it's one of my favorite times of the day!  Picking out what she will wear that day!  Hooray!  We go into her room and sit on the floor and browse through her dresser.  It's really pretty fabulous. The other day it became a little sad when I had to take out all of the newborn clothes that she is growing out of to make room for the 3 to 6 months stuff I have in the closet. By the way, this was more than a little depressing.  I cried.  She's just getting so big already! She'll be three months old in a week! But I digress...Sometimes we have to sit there for several minutes piecing together a new outfit or deliberating between a few options.  This morning, however, I awoke already knowing what she would wear today.  As she is a growing baby, I am trying to put her into all of my favorite 0-3 months stuff one last time.  And today is by far one of my favorites.  So without further adieu...





I love this outfit for many reasons.   1. I love the classic Winnie the Pooh theme.  Her nursery is classic Pooh and it makes me happy every time I go in it!  2. I specifically love the phrase in the picture box. "always enough for two"  It's so stinkin adorable! and that's how we go through our days...just the two of us.  3. The material is so soft and pretty! It's a very pretty  pale pink (yeah, I bet you never thought I would be saying "pretty" and "pink" in the same sentence unless discussing the Molly Ringwald 80s movie), but I really like it! It has a lace ruffle around the arms and has little eyelet patterns all over.  I just love it!  And she's about to grow out of it. So I had to share it with everyone so we can all enjoy how utterly fantastic my baby looks in it.



You're welcome :)

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful and wow 3 months already??!!!! How did that happen? ..... Well I know how but u know what I mean. Yay! For moving onto bigger and new outfits to explore! Good job savouring every moment. :D
    Crystal H

    ReplyDelete