Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Puppies and Cousins

Shockingly enough, I have the time two days in a row to write! This is not normal, but I will rejoice and be glad in it!

KK has discovered the dogs! I use the plural form because as of this last Sunday we are keeping Ender for a while.  James got Ender, the stubborn yet thoroughly adorable dachshund, the week before we went on our first date.  However, once we got married we lived in an apartment and Ender had a very hard time adjusting to life without grass! So when Aunt Kathy was in search of a dog, we ended up giving him to her to take back home to her three boys and backyard.  This last weekend they moved back here and we are holding on to him until they get a place of their own.  While the cat and the neighbor's dog are not particularly fond of our new arrival, Ellie and Kynzie are loving it!  Kynzie has never really noticed the dog or cat.  They can pretty much walk on top of her and she doesn't even twitch. But since Ender showed up and he and Ellie are running around and playing together, KK is in awe!  Whenever they play around her, she is fixated.  She stares and smiles and coos at them in encouragement!  It's adorable. And it makes me happy that she is aware of her surroundings so much more than she used to be! Ender will eventually be returned to his family, but we are enjoying his stay so far!

This last weekend we had guests in the form of two nephews, Zimmer and Bauer.  Their parents were helping Aunt Kathy move, so we took them for Friday and some of Saturday.  I was so excited to have them come!  KK is a blast to be with, but she is still so small! And since I haven't been working, I miss spending times with kids! So, I was pumped to spend some time with these boys.  We made rice krispies treats and pancakes, spent time watching strange videos about "the annoying orange" (<-- go look it up...it's an orange with eyes and a mouth...weird), and played outside with the dog and cat.  We took a walk to the community park, and Bauer, James, and I even spent a good amount of time coloring some pages in my Winnie the Pooh and VeggieTales coloring books.  The boys took baths, James made chocolate milk (I didn't realize it was as simple as milk and syrup...), and there were bedtime stories and singing all around.  The most enjoyable times, though, were when the boys would play with Kynzie. They wanted to hold her and touch her all the time! Bauer kept asking to hold her hand or tickle her foot.  And Zimmer would just sit and talk to her!  They were so sweet!! It made me even more sure that we want another baby.  Now now, calm down.  I'm not saying that I'm getting pregnant again in a couple months or anything!  But seeing the boys with each other made me remember how wonderful it is being a sister! I grew up with two of the best siblings, and seeing Zimmer and Bauer playing with and loving on each other and Kynzie was so great!

Here's a cute picture we took at the playground on Saturday morning

Our family is just now starting out, but I hope one day to have kids that are as happy and fun as these two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment