Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Secret

I have always thanked the Lord that He is sovereign in all things. He knows how to fit things together so perfectly that it seems "natural" -- although even nature spins towards chaos without the Lord's guidance. This has become even more apparent since having Kynzie come into our lives.  I was talking to a friend the other night, and she said that I seemed like a "very competent and easygoing mother." Bah! I had to laugh, because I am far from either one of those most of the time!  However, because of the Lord's sovereignty, I CAN be competent in His ability to mother my child! As I went through my pregnancy and delivery experience, people constantly commented on what a "great pregnant woman" I was, or how easy my delivery happened to be. It was as if they were congratulating me on my efforts.  But I didn't do any of it! There was nothing I could have done to make my experience come out the way it was.  I don't have some secret that made me able to go through labor with no drugs. There was no special mystery to maintaining my energy and not gaining much weight through pregnancy. The Lord is sovereign! He works all things for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. And I've been called! Being a mother has been no different. Whether or not she gets 30 minutes of uninterrupted tummy time a day, KK will crawl. Whether or not I talk to her in the right way or for the recommended length of time, KK will talk.  She will grow, learn, and be the person  that she is supposed to be, because the Lord is sovereign! And that makes me a competent mother.  That allows me to be easygoing. KK is in the best hands, and they are thankfully not my own!

Now, that's not to say that I don't try to be the best mom I can be, and it definitely needs to be said that I freak out and stress all the time about whether I am doing the right things for her.  But when I remember who Her eternal father is, and how in control He is, I can relax and enjoy my time with my daughter so much more!



OK, this post was actually not supposed to be about that...at all. but once i got started I just couldn't stop! I guess I will write the post about my weekend later : )

No comments:

Post a Comment