Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Picture Picture

So since the last post had no pictures in it, how about a whole post of just pictures?!  OK!

 Here's a great shot of the mo-hawk discussed in the previous post! She hasn't lost any more hair, but it's not growing back in yet either... Luckily she is super cute sans hair!
 

Look Look!! KK loves her bumbo!  She just started sitting in it yesterday, and we are both loving how comfy it is!  Plus, it's a great place to play with her favorite toy frog :)  She just loves sitting up.  Before yesterday, we would just sit her on our lap, but the bumbo is much more stable for her back and neck, and it leaves both of my hands free to play! The frog has huge eyes that she loves to look at and his webby feet have some material inside that makes them crinkle when you bend them. She loves the sound!

Side story about the frog: This was the first toy that KK and I started to play with.  She liked it because it has huge eyes that she can stare at; I liked it because it was green.  One evening my nephew, Bauer, came over and decided to take out all of her toys, play with them, and then line them up on the nursery floor in order of "funness".  As he picked up the frog, I opened my mouth to tell him all about the eyes and the crinkly feet...and froze. Immediately upon grasping the toy, Bauer grabbed the yellow ring under the frog and pulled it.  The whole frog erupted in vibrations!  What?!  I have been playing with this thing for a MONTH and I never knew it vibrated! For crying out loud, I never even pondered why there was a yellow ring at the bottom of the frog. And turns out it makes the toy like 100 times more fun! It bummed me out a little that a 3 year old knows more about my baby's toys than I do! So I made him play with all of the toys again and I took notes.  Ok, maybe I didn't, but I probably should have...


Plus also, doesn't she look flipping adorable in purple??

Kynzie is one month old! Yay! One of my assistant principals gave me the idea to have a special onesie for each month of her first year. Then I talked to James about it and he made a different picture for each month!  They are all Pooh and super cute! I can't wait for you all to see the other months!

Last but not least...THE SMILE!  This is the first picture of her beautiful smile!  It has taken us countless pictures and over 2 weeks to capture this elusive expression, but we got it in the end! She is smiling all the time now -- not just when she has gas :)  It's so wonderful! She is so beautiful and it makes me feel like maybe I'm not too bad as a mother if I have a daughter that is THAT happy!

Now I am just waiting for her to laugh for the first time :)

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful!!! I'm sure you are a wonderful Mommy, Amy. Don't "beat up" on yourself.
    Wish you were closer so we could see her occasionally, but the pics are great!!
    Sharon Page :)

    ReplyDelete